Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Zombie Chicken Award

Lois Anne and I wish to express our gratitude to Tricia at the Bluff Area Daily Photo blog for this wonderful award. It does signify, humorously, the sort of serious manner in which we undertake The Villages Daily Photo blog. We're not sure what else it signifies, but we sure as heck like it!

Here's the "official" verbiage related to the award:

"The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken -- excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chicken by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all..."

So, with that in mind, and even though there are hundreds of bloggers out there who deserve this award, we have chosen the following:

1. Daryl - onthem104.blogspot.com

2. Juergen - Marburg Daily Photo

3. Mary - Detroit Daily Blog

4. Hilda - My Manila

5. M-M - Nowy Sacz Daily Photo

6. Steffe - Photos from Haninge

7. Susie of Arabia -Jeddah Daily Photo Journal

10 comments:

Daryl said...

WOW .. thank you .. I am so very touched you think me worthy of this ... and I am off to post it right now!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! Thanks for the cool honor, Jacob and Lois Ann! :-D I am deeply honored and pleased to be among the chosen and it feels good today to get something good! YAY!

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha! Thanks for the zombie chicken award, but I think I will risk the wrath!

Hilda said...

Hahaha! This is the funniest award ever! Thank you, Jacob! And congratulations too! I definitely agree that you "regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens to read their inspiring words" in your blogs :)

Lowell said...

Thanks, Hilda...that, of course, is the exact reason you got the award, too!

crocrodyl said...

Thanks very much for this award! We are so happy that you like our blog! Thanks!

Juergen Kuehn said...

Great to find this funny award and I thank you so much.
I have a fundamental question, Jacob. Who arranged and launch the awards?

Lowell said...

@ Juergen - It was the Zombie Chicken!

Heh, heh. I really don't know...We received it from Tricia at Bluff Daily Photo, and she received it from someone else...it's sort of like evolution, I think...

Enjoy. The Zombie Chicken is very special.

Anonymous said...

Golly Gee Whiz! Thanks so much! I am flattered and speechless. What a nice surprise to come home to after being gone for the last few days!

Lowell said...

You're welcome, Susie. I think the Zombie Chicken is the greatest and so is your blog!